We thought we had written a post on coping with stress pre-COVID-19 hit but alas we haven’t. Now is the perfect time as any to though right?
If you’re a chronic stressor like us these tips should definitely help you! There are a few things we have come to do to decrease our stress levels and we thought they would be good to share with you, so without further ado here are our 5 top tips to stop stressing!
- Exercise: Lately we’ve been loving home workouts. We have a tiny little workout/yoga space so doing something quick and efficient works wonders for our physical and mental health. The app that we use is called “FitOn” they have an amazing range of workouts for with kids to HIIT. You can find a video about FitOn, here.
- Journal: This is one we always bring up in most of the posts we write because it’s such a great way to process your emotions and have a place to put your feelings. Whether you journal on paper or your phone notes it can decrease stress in minutes. It’s also a great way to track any symptoms of anxiety and depression daily so you can recognize triggers and learn ways to better control them.
- Reach out and talk: About your stress, anxiety or depression. Lately, I’ve been loving the app “house party” it has been a great way to keep in touch with our families who live interstate. We love seeing their faces and it feels like we’re talking to them in person even though it’s through a screen. We would also recommend seeing a therapist or counsellor if your stress levels hinder your daily well-being to the point of not being able to actively live your life.
- Set goals: This one is a good idea if you get overwhelmed by having a lot of tasks to do in one day. I get anxious if I have what seems like a million things to do and don’t know where to start.
- Regular self-care: Is really important because it decreases stress and prevents burnout of the mind and body. Things I like to do regularly that help me slow down include; face masks, hot showers with candles, and painting my nails. Finding things that feed your soul and better your mind goes a long, long way in decreasing stress.
We hope these tips help you to decrease stress and better your mind.
Comment below with your favourite stress relievers!
If you’ve enjoyed this post, please like and subscribe to our site, we would love to have you as part of the growing community!