Body image & body positivity can be a constant struggle especially in an era of social media where access to everyone & everything is available. Today we bring you our top tips for boosting body positivity. Following on from our previous post “Breaking Down Societal Expectations Of Body Image” we thought we would give you some helpful recommendations for improving the way you see yourself.
To begin, these tips are for assistance & ideas only. They are not medical recommendations, seek support from your GP if needed.
- Do what works for you: Every body is different, it digests things differently, it perceives things differently & it holds fat differently. Do whatever works for you in terms of exercise, eating, & dressing. Because at the end of the day the way you see yourself is all that matters.
- Change who you follow on social media: Unfollow anyone who doesn’t make you feel good about yourself. Period. Social media culls are the best & it helps change your mindset in the long run. Following body-positive people is one way we can learn to accept ourselves because they are breaking down society’s expectation of what it means to be beautiful.
- Exercise not to lose weight but to feel happy: This is a game-changer! Instead of focussing on a number on a scale or looking a certain way, focus on how exercise makes you feel.
- Remind yourself that ‘true beauty’ is not simply on the surface: When you feel good about yourself and who you are, you carry yourself with a sense of confidence, self-acceptance, and openness that makes you beautiful. Beauty is a state of mind, not a state of self.
- Appreciate all that your body can do: Our bodies keep us alive, it moves us from place to place. It allows us to birth new life, it allows us to feel joy and excitement. Our bodies allow us to interact with others and feel love. They do so much for us, the least we can do is take care of them.
- What would a friend say? Would they tell you you’re ugly? or icky? That you need to lose weight to be loved, that you won’t attract anyone looking like that? If you answered yes, you need better friends, but chances are you answered no. A friend wouldn’t say those things to you, so why say them to yourself? Build yourself up not down.
At the end of the day, you are the solution to your problems & you hold the power to change! We believe in you, you are worthy of everything you’ve ever dreamed of, it’s time you started thinking so too!
If you enjoyed these tips please like & subscribe to our site to join our growing community!