Here at SMP HQ we are all about feeding our soul this year! Who’s with us??
Today we thought we would share some gentle movements that speak to the soul!
- Slowly waking up on the weekend, without alarms. This is the ultimate way for our bodies to recharge & a lot of the clients we have worked with, to help them develop self-care love this tip!
- Gentle stretching that opens up the body. This may include slow yoga, a slow flow of stretches, or a beginner workout that is easy on the body & the joints.
- A slow paced walk. We know a lot of you can’t get outside, but for those who can this is a great way to start your week. Slowly starting exercise on a Monday helps with motivation to do more during the week. There’s nothing worse than doing a hard workout on a Monday then being sore for the rest of the week. Slow & steady wins the race.
- Journaling in the morning before you have a chance to become overwhelmed with all that you have to do that day really helps calm the mind. Make sense of your thoughts first, always. Then go on to slay the day.
- Nourish your body from the inside out. Start with breakfast by getting in some fats, carbs, & protein to keep you full for the morning, while fuelling your brain. Also, take some time to nourish your body on the outside, perhaps try a nourishing body butter, a hot shower, trimming your beard, or using a face mask. Feeling good will help you get through the week.
- Keep weekends free from work, if you can. Sometimes work life bleeds into home & personal life, which means working on the weekend. Let us ask you this though, when do you take time out to relax & recharge, if you’re always working on weekends? Put the laptop away, save & close those files, and leave work where it belongs, during weekdays! Although if you have to work weekends because it’s when your shift is, by all means go to work lol, however, we hope you’ll take some time during the week to relax.
If you enjoyed this post, please considering liking it & subscribing to our site, we would love to have you join our growing community!