Hey SMP fam, how are you doing?
Right now we have been summoned to the couch, recovering from the flu. Fun times…. No it’s not COVID. Anyway, we thought while we we’re held up on the couch we would share with you our tips for feeling better when sick with the a cold or flu.
- Drink more tea: Peppermint is a great option & has a number of health benefits, such as fresher breath, better digestion, reduced pain from headaches & is antibacterial.
- Clean your space/house: Disinfecting your space is a good idea as it decreases bacteria in the air & on your surfaces.
- Regular sinus cleanse: The sinus is made up of your nose, throat & ears. Cleansing it is a great way to feel less stuffy, blocked up & gross. It also decreases the amount of mucus or snot in your sinus (go figure). A great product we love for this is linked here.
- Invest in a multivitamin: A multivitamin gives you all the vitamins (duh) and minerals you don’t consume from foods. It gives you that little boost & keeps your immune system in check.
- Hearty meals full of fruits and veges: Are going to keep you feeling fuller for longer, support digestion & your immune system. Trying smoothies that are easy and cold on the throat as well as soup are great options.
- Washing: It can also help get rid of bacteria on your clothes. Sometimes putting a little essential oil like eucalyptus or peppermint is an added antibacterial bonus.
- Rest and sleep: Maybe for some this is the hardest, but giving your body the time to recover is essential. Don’t make us tell you twice!!
- Betadine gargle wash: This. Is. A. Lifesaver. I prevents your throat from infection and helps fight off harmful bacteria.
- Stay hydrated: Water that soul!!!
- Hot shower: This will help you feel less blocked up and more relaxed.
- Stay inside: Preventing the spread of sickness & bacteria is vital. Staying inside is worth it. Also, if you need to, get tested for COVID too.
- Remember you’re a boss bitch & you’ll get through it.
If this was at all helpful, please like & subscribe to our site to join our growing community!