Hey SMP fam, We hope you’re doing well!
Do you ever forget to breathe? Do you ever feel so stressed you could implode? Same.
Today we are bringing you some tips to help decrease your feelings of overwhelm & anxiety.
- Light a candle- We all know candles are well known for their soothing and healing properties and are often used by therapists to create a wonderfully peaceful ambience in their therapy rooms, so why not try it at home!
- Practise deep breathing- This simple exercise enables more air to flow into your body and can help calm your nerves, reducing stress and anxiety. fun fact; It can also help you improve your attention span and lower pain levels!
- Take a hot shower with essential oils- Hot showers help you fall asleep faster, helps relieve muscle tension and let’s be real, helps us feel better. Check out “10 Reasons to Take a Hot Bath or Shower” for more benefits! As for essential oils, they also have various benefits. Firstly, they smell amazing. Secondly, some calm nerves while others reduce stress. For the 411 on essential oils check out “What Are Essential Oils, and Do They Work?“
- Play some calming music- Helps us improve our moods, reduces stress & anxiety, but also improves our memory, eases pain and provides us with some comfort.
- Get a weekly massage (if you can afford it)- Massages also provide us with a number of benefits, much like the ones above. This idea is a little bit on the extra, treat yoself side of things, but nonetheless still great! Massages can reduce muscle tension, improve circulation, reduce stress hormones in our bodies and improve flexibility.
- Do some gentle exercise- Gentle exercises like walking and yoga can still help you meet your daily exercise goals (if you have them, totally okay if you don’t) while being gentle on the stress hormones in our bodies as well as our joints. Doing exercise that makes you feel good and that you love doing will help your mental health dramatically. Theres nothing worse than doing exercise you hate so find something you love to do & do it!
- Turn off your alarms on the weekend- This is one we developed last year, to help our team & our clients. It’s a massive game changer to your mental health. Turning off your alarms gives your body & your brain a chance to recharge and relax, as well as wake up when it wants to rather than when it needs to!
We hope these have given you some good ideas on how to decrease your anxiety! Let us know down below what your favourites are. As always if you enjoyed this post please like & subscribe to join our growing community!