Do you ever find yourself not wanting to go home? Do you have negative feelings from a space you a frequently in? If you answered yes to either of those questions, you’re not alone. Many of us feel a very similar way.
That’s why this week, we’re discussing how changing your space can lead to better mental health. Whether that be moving into a different space or simply changing it up to make the vibe better, doing so can increase more positive mental health in future.
So, you can’t move out of your space, but you want to change it up and make it better- we got you!
- Invest in upgrading or changing your furniture- This doesn’t have to be drastic, there are a lot of ways you can upgrade your furniture without it costing you an arm or a leg. Look online, Facebook marketplace has thousands of items in good condition! Visit second-hand furniture stores and see what you can get your hands on at an affordable price.
- Declutter your space- Hand’s up, who likes to buy stuff they don’t need? A lot of us are guilty of that, but what happens when you run out of places to put things?? You being to feel suffocated, cramped and like you have no space to breathe, right? Decluttering your space can feel like starting new, getting rid of things you don’t need- whether you sell them to others or not is a very freeing experience and allows for better stuff to come into your life.
- Invest in scents- Now this one might sound strange to some but having your space smell good can be a game changer. Buying a diffuser, candles, incense- whatever, to make your space smell good will permanently change up with vibe. Some people like having different scents in each room, others like one scent throughout there entire space.
- Buy some plants or décor for your space- plants are a great way to change up a space, they help us breathe and feel better, as well as brighten up any old, dark space. Décor is another game changer and can contradict decluttering you space. Anyway, choosing a theme and buying décor to match helps people to feel happier and more satisfied with their space. There’s nothing better than coming home or going to work and being happy with the décor around you.
- Open the windows- This one sounds simple, but all the things we do to improve our mental health are simple, right? Opening windows allows for fresh air and natural light to flood into your space and some say that is refreshing AF!
Changing up your space doesn’t have to be difficult and doesn’t have to cost much. By making simple changes to help you feel better, you’re improving your self-love and personal growth.
Feeling stuck in a space you don’t like is a shitty feeling and can lead to feelings of sadness, worthlessness, and general unhappiness. Which is why we hope these ideas have helped, comment below with your favourite one!
As always, if you enjoyed this post please like & subscribe to our site to join our growing community!
If you would also like to support our site, you can find our resources here – SMP HQ.